Student names and demographic details from some SMS providers can be uploaded directly to NZCER Marking by the school’s NZCER administrator using a CSV file format (please see Step 1 for information on extracting your data to a CSV file).
- Log into the NZCER Marking site (www.nzcermarking.org.nz) using your administrator's access details.
- From the ‘Site Management’ page choose ‘SMS Upload’.
- Browse and select the file to upload (most often, you will find this located in your 'downloads folder'.
- Choose class groupings for reporting. It is recommended that you choose homeroom class groupings (e.g. 9WD, 6LD, Room 5) in order to allow you to access the full range of class and year level, reporting. You should NOT select the year level or whole school groupings at this stage, the website will work these out for you.
- Create assessments for each class group by ticking the box next to the relevant test type. The drop down button next to each assessment allows you to also specify the test number if you'd like to change these i.e to change a static Mathematics test to an Adaptive Mathematics test.
- Click ‘Confirm’ to finish.
If you are not able to upload the file yourself or if you have an SMS provider that does not yet have this functionality, you can prepare your own CSV file and email it to NZCER at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to upload it on your behalf.
Please use the sample file below as an example/template. Columns with a red header contain essential information while columns with a yellow header are optional.