Initial Site Set Up by the Administrator
NZCER recommends that schools use the SMS Upload function to load students in their classes onto the www.nzcermarking.org.nz site. Students can be created manually and assigned to classes and assessments, but this process takes a lot longer than the SMS upload. If for any reason you cannot use the SMS Upload function, described below please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be able to help.
Process for schools who manually enter student test responses into NZCER Marking
1. Check that your school has subscribed to NZCER marking for the calendar year. You can subscribe here: http://www.nzcermarking.org.nz
2. Upload your student demographic data from your SMS to the www.nzcermarking.org.nz website. This is a 2-step process:
a. Create the upload file in your Student Management System. More information can be found here: Creating an SMS file
b. Use the upload wizard in NZCER Marking which can be accessed from the ‘Site Management’ page. Instructions can be found here: Uploading the SMS file to NZCER Marking
3. Check, Edit or Create Teacher accounts. Each teacher using the site needs to have their own Teacher account, username and password. Teacher accounts are carried over from previous years, but each year the Administrator will need to update staff details, to remove staff who have left the school, or to add new staff. Instructions can be found here: Create Teacher Account
4. Assign Teachers to classes. This will enable teachers to view and edit their classes, add test data and view class reports. Only the administrator can Assign Teachers to Classes
5. Teachers or the Administrator can now enter student test responses.
a. Log in to www.nzcermarking.org.nz.
b. Select the subject area.
c. Find the assessment for which you want to enter test responses and select the ‘Data Entry’ icon.
d. Use the drop down box next to the student name to select the student for whom you want to enter test responses, input the responses as on the answer sheet, click ‘Save’.
e. Use the >> to work through the class and enter data, saving for each student or repeat step ‘d’ for each student you wish to enter responses for.
6. Marking is completed automatically and reports are available immediately after the test data has been entered by the Teacher.