Preparation and Planning
We recommend that you:
· Ensure that your Administrator has uploaded your class from the SMS into your site on www.nzcermarking.org.nz
· Before administering a test, you will need to become familiar with the online procedure. LOGIN to your site, Click on the subject you are testing, and activate the Demo button to familiarise yourself with the test procedure.
· Printing Student Tokens before you set up testing.
· For listening comprehension, each student will need their own set of earphones
Administering Online Testing
As students are very familiar with using devices and moving quickly through Logins and websites, it is recommended that classes follow a step-by-step process to ensure that everyone understands the online procedure.
· Give students the URL: www.nzceronline.org.nz and ensure everyone has been able to locate the site
· Distribute the Student Tokens face down. When you are ready, invite the students to Login and wait for your instructions.
· Online Screen Options: Students can choose Online Options on the Examples page:
- Font – incl. dyslexic font
- Text size
· Question Preview: At any time, students can see all of the questions at a glance and monitor their progress.
· Yellow Progress Slide Bar: Once the student has begun the test, they can monitor their progress by following the Yellow Slide Bar at the top of the screen. (Note: this will not appear on an adaptive test)
· Timing: There is an Online Timer to support students, however it will not stop the test at the Time Allowance. (Note: this will not appear on an adaptive test)
Following the Time Allowance for each test is crucial for the reliability of the scoring. If you do not follow the time limit the results will give an accurate account of ability but the score will not be able to be compared to others. Teachers must monitor and control the timing, including each Subtest for STAR.
· Finishing: Students must click the Finish button at the end of the test to ensure the data is saved to the online analysis reports. It is important to collect the Student Tokens and dispose of them to protect the data.