When you need to add a new student to your NZCER database, you can either complete another SMS upload, or enter the student onto the site yourself. If you are doing this manually, there are three steps to the process:
- Adding a new student record in site management
- Adding this student to their class group
- Adding the student into different assessment groups
Follow these instructions to manually add the student to your site and add them to different assessments
- Click 'Create new student record'
- Fill in as many fields if you can, but especially important are the name the andake sure you click on 'Confirm' on the right hand side of the screen
- Back in Student Record Management, find the new student, click on them, and then click 'Assign to Class' (on the right hand side at the top of your screen)
- Choose the class for this student and click 'Continue', then 'Confirm'
- Now go to each assessment subject, and click on the green man icon, then 'Add Students'
- Find the student and click their name to highlight them, click 'Confirm'
- The student will now be in the system with the correct class and in the appropriate assessment groups