How to create a teacher account -
Each teacher needing to use the Marking Site requires their own username and password. The administrator is the only person in the school who can create a teacher account.
- Select the ‘Teacher Account Management’ option from the ‘Site Management’ page.
- Choose ‘Add new teacher’ option at the top of the page.
- Complete the required fields and click ‘Add’ once complete.
- Give the teacher their unique username and password to access the website.
Please note: Teachers will use the username you assign to logon to the NZCER Marking site. The username must be unique for all users of the NZCER Marking site.
Once a teacher account has been created, the administrator can associate the teacher with any existing class groups in the school. They can also change the teacher’s password and delete the account when necessary.
How to assign teachers to their class groups -
Teachers will only be able to view assessments for class(es) they have been assigned to, only the administrator for the NZCER Marking site is able to assign a teacher to a class group.
To attach a teacher to a class group the administrator needs to:
- Log into the NZCER Marking website and select the ‘Site Management’ page
- Choose the ’Teacher Account Management’ option
- Use the ‘select’ icon to select the teacher(s) to be attached
- The selections will appear in a box on the right hand side of the page, click the ‘Assign to class’ button
- Select the class group(s) to assign to the teacher(s)
- Click the ‘Continue’ button on the right hand side of the page
- Check the details on the ‘Confirm teacher assignment’ page and select ‘Confirm’
- Following message displayed ‘Assignment process has successfully completed’
The administrator can associate a teacher with a number of class groups. Once a teacher is associated with a class group they can view assessment reports for students in the class, assign them to new assessments, and enter test data.
To disassociate a teacher from a class group, go to the ‘Teacher Account Management’ page and click on the ‘edit’ icon next to the teacher’s name. Choose the tab that shows the class groups associated with the teacher and click on the ‘remove’ icon next to the relevant class group.