Creating an SMS file in eTap:
- Log into eTap as the the eTap administrator
- Click on 'Admin Tools'
- Click on 'NZCER Download/Upload'. You should see a box like this:
- Choose the year groups that you wish to import into NZCER, and select the relevant term
- Click on 'Generate an Import File'. This will save to your computer. Do not open the file at this stage.
Uploading the SMS file to NZCER Marking:
- Log into www.nzcermarking.org.nz as the NZCER administrator
- Click on 'Site Management'
- Click on the green heading 'SMS Upload'
- Click 'Choose File' or 'Browse' - whichever option comes up for you (it's different in different browsers)
- Find the file that you just created (it will usually be in your 'Downloads' file) and click 'Open'
- You will see the list of student names come up. Scroll down the page and click the 'Next' button
- Choose the classes that you wish to upload (not the year groups) and click the 'Next' button
- Choose the subjects that you wish to have assessments created for (if you wanted to change the test number to a different one for the entire class, you can click on the grey arrow next to the class group and change it to the one you want e.g. PAT Maths Adaptive) and click the 'Next' button
- You will now see a list of assessment group names that the system will create. Click the 'Confirm' button
- The system will provide you with a progress bar so that you can see the process
- The system will provide a pop-up box with student numbers created, class groups created and assessment groups created.
- You're finished!