To bring back data into your Student Management System, you can download a CSV file from the NZCER Marking website and then upload it to your SMS.
To download the file from the NZCER Marking site:
- Log into your school's NZCER Marking account
- Click the 'Download' button on the home page or on the black bar at the top of your screen
- Choose the subjects and the terms that you wish to have data for
- Click 'SMS Download'
This will download the CSV file to your computer. You may be asked to save it somewhere, or your computer will automatically place it in your computer's download file.
If there are duplicated students in the same subject for the same term, you will have multiple data records and your SMS system will not like this. There are two scenarios here:
- The student has completed all assessments. In this case, you will need to delete the unwanted record/s from the file before you upload it into your SMS.
- The student has completed one assessment and didn't sit the other/s. In this case, you will need to find the 'Did not sit' records in the file and delete them before you upload the file into your SMS
In both cases, you should also remove the child from the unwanted assessment group/s on the NZCER Marking site, so that you only have one record per student, per subject, per term. This is a much cleaner way to look at your data.