Welcome to NZCER Assist
Welcome aboard to our online testing platform - NZCER Assist for PAT assessments (including the new PAT: Mathematics Refreshed version), STAR, Science: Thinking with Evidence (Junior and Senior), Te Reo Māori and surveys.
Some exciting features of our user-friendly platform include:
- The flexibility for both online testing and entering data for paper-based testing.
- Annual subscriptions - this means flexibility in choosing subjects for purposeful assessment.
- The ability to complete an SMS upload each term. This will create assessments, classes, and tokens for online assessments within minutes, saving you completing this task manually.
- Teachers being able to have their own individual accounts, be assigned to their classes, administer tests and view reports. This user account can also be transferred when moving schools.
- The ability to easily download student data into a CSV file and then import this into your SMS system.
For existing schools:
Students who are not currently active in 2023 have been archived. Admins can un-archive learners at any point in Assist. (Note: The SMS upload will unarchive students and make them active current users).
If you wish to remove a staff member that has left your school, you can archive their account. This will mean they can no longer access the current school's NZCER Assist account. If you have new teachers at your school with an existing NZCER Assist account, they can request to join your school's NZCER Assist site and admins can confirm them in the 'Users to Confirm' section.
To set up your site for testing, please follow the steps below:
(click on the links below for more information)
Step 1: Log into NZCER Assist.
- If you do not have an account, please register yourself and create a new account.
- If you have forgotten your password, you can create a new one by following the steps here.
Step 2: Subscribe for the assessments and surveys that you wish to use for the current calendar year. Kindly note that administrators will not be required to make any upfront payments. This means that administrators can continue to subscribe to the service and assess their students as usual. Instead, an invoice will be issued at the end of each month based on the school's level of activity or usage.
Step 4: Administrators need to complete an SMS Upload into our Assist site to create assessments, classes, tokens and data entry templates.
More actions (If applicable):
- Administrators can create Maths and Reading Vocabulary adaptive tests for testing students online.
- If the PAT: Mathematics Refreshed tests are required, you are able to choose this option, via the drop-down menu during the 'Create Assessment' section of the SMS upload.
- Administrators and teachers (once they've been given access to their students) can create tests for differentiation for testing students both online and on paper.
Step 5: Assign 2023 classes to teachers. Admins can share a quick guide of NZCER Assist with their teachers by sharing the link here
Step 6: (a) Print tokens for online testing
(b) Data enter after completing pen and paper tests (Click for information on ordering pen and paper tests).
Step 7: Access class reports and print bulk reports.
Step 8: Generate school wide reports and aggregated historic reports.
Step 9: Download your school's data from NZCER Assist into a CSV file.
Further analyse your student's data to support teaching and learning programmes, phone or email to register for a workshop with one of our Education Advisors.
For more step-by-step process information on completing tasks in NZCER Assist please click here. Feel free to get in touch with our Assessment Services team on 04 802 1630 or email us on email@example.com.